Join in, we're preparing for the next level...
Achievements of DirectFB 1.0
How did we delight the embedded graphics world?
- Accelerated 2D Graphics - basic shapes, advanced pixel processing
- Generic Framework Support - exlusive/direct layer access and shared/buffered windowed mode
- Compositing Core Window Manager - buffered top level windows + output (layer surface)
- Much more to add, e.g. multi application core, basic surface heap management, (single) graphics processor queue support...
Proposals for DirectFB 2.0
How will we do it again?
- Universal Framework Support -
- Cairo Support - Supporting the Cairo 2D Graphics Library
- Efficient 2D Vector Graphics and Media - advanced shapes, enhanced pixel processing
- Surface Pools - Evolution of Surface Pools developed in DirectFB 1.1
- Advanced Hardware Abstraction & Driver Integration Layer -
- Enabling Khronos APIs - solid EGL(Image) base for integration/interoperability of OpenGL ES, OpenVG, OpenMAX and DirectFB in one *open* platform
- Full support for GTK: provide the features that a GTK backend requires.
- Please add your ideas...